Last month, we did our first ever reader survey! We were very excited to see we had over 50 responses. We do these surveys to help us better understand you and your needs, and to help provide for those.
Here are some of the results:
- The typical Five Capitals reader is male (73%), and we have a great representation of women (27%) as well.
- We have a wide variety of ages, with most people between ages 35-44 (29%) and slightly less between ages 45-54 (27%).
- You guys are smarties! Almost half of you have graduate degrees (45%), and most of the others have a 4-year college degree (33%).
- Almost all of you are married (94%), with a handful either single (4%) or widowed (2%).
- In your work life, most of you are either professionals (47%) or self-employed (20%), with the rest being pastors, homemakers or students.
Here are the top issues you said you need help with:
- Discerning my true purpose in life—discovering my vision and values.
- Desiring to live a more integrated life—being the same person at home and work.
- Feeling financial pressure—how do I create and stick with a debt elimination plan?
- Slowing down—I want to spend more time with my kids, but I feel worn out.
- Better health—I need to eat better and exercise more.
- Leadership development—I want to grow as a leader.
- Hiring practices—we need to find better people and keep them.
- Kingdom impact—how can I serve more, give more, make a difference?
If you participated in the survey, thank you so much! Your time is very much appreciated, and we are very happy with all of the responses.
Based on these results, our plan (and we’ve already started!) is to publish content designed to serve and empower you in these areas.
Be watching for blog posts this spring and summer addressing your survey answers!