Welcome to the New Year! The team here at Five Capitals loves a fresh start and the opportunities it affords to make changes, get better, and venture into new opportunities.
With you, we want to be asking, “How can we pivot well and set ourselves up for success?”
Here’s some advice to consider:
- Focus on the small. Yes, you need to set big goals and see the big vision, however if you’re not clear and committed to the daily small habits nothing will ever change. Think through what your big goals translate to on a daily basis and go after those.
- Find Community. You’re not meant to go it alone nor can you. Find people to walk alongside you (pay for community if you have to) and invite them into your resolutions. Ideally, these will be people who have already made the changes you’re desiring to make.
- Be Vulnerable. No one is close friends with people who seem to have it all together. If you want deeper more connected friendships, you’ll need to be courageous and actually open up.
- Prioritize Fun. I recommend a fun activity every weekend and something fun every night. Even if it’s just 30 minutes with a good book. Psychology says we need things to look forward to so be sure to plan and prioritize these activities in your life.
- Stop Thinking / Doing List. Create a list of the unhelpful thoughts you’re going to stop thinking as well as the unhelpful behaviors that might be medicating in the moment but truly don’t help.
The reality is “nothing changes if nothing changes.” Yes, it’s hard, but it doesn’t have to be. We’re here to help! Get started by reaching out to us to discovery how executive or team coaching can help you gain success this year. And remember, with the right small steps, community, perspective, and focus, all things are possible.